- Treat partners, guests, coaches, and staff how you want to be treated. Bullying or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Respect the facility, gym equipment, furniture, and clean up after yourself. Repeat offenders will have their memberships revoked.
- Absolutely no training while sick or with any rashes or skin infections. Hair, skin, nails, and body must be clean prior to training.
Practice Room Etiquette
- No jumping guard, no knee wrestling, and no heel hooks in the gi. All levels ARE allowed and encouraged to safely utilize heel hooks in nogi.
- Take into consideration age, size, physical limitations, experience levels and adjust your pace and pressure accordingly. Anyone can turn down a roll with anyone else for any reason.
- No sitting out and resting for the sole purpose of being fresh against fatigued partners. If you are sitting out a round, please move to the edge of the mat or to the wooden benches so people rolling have space.
- Parents, please refrain from coaching your children from the seating area.
- Belts; at the end of the day, rank is only a representation of your progress relative to your potential. There is no hierarchy on our mats due to belt colors.
- Gis, belts, clothes, and all other training equipment must be washed after every practice. You will be asked to sit out if you don’t have clean gear.
- You must wear a second layer under your gi pants/shorts, no exceptions. Rashguard or shirt should be worn under your gi in coed classes.
- No street shoes on the mat. Wear shoes/sandals in rest rooms.